OV7670 Camera Module
Description: This Module uses OV7670 image sensor, which is small in volume, works at low operating voltage, and provides all functions of a single chip VGA camera and image processor. Through SCCB bus control, the sensor can output the whole frame, sampling, and various resolution of 8 bits of data. The product VGA image can reach up to a maximum of 30 frames per second. Users can completely control the image quality, data format and transmission mode. All the process of image processing functions can be through the SCCB programming interface, including gamma curve, white balance, saturation and chroma .
The OV7670 is a low cost image sensor DSP that can operate at a maximum of 30 fps and 640 x 480 (“VGA”) resolutions, equivalent to 0.3 Megapixels. The captured image can be pre-processed by the DSP before sending it out. This preprocessing can be configured via the Serial Camera Control Bus (SCCB). The datasheet has protocol.
In addition, OmmiVision image sensor has been in application of unique sensor technology, by reducing or eliminating the optical or electronic defect such as fixed pattern noise, tail, floating away, etc., to improve the quality of the image, and get the clear and stable color images.
- High sensitivity for low-light operation
- Low operating voltage for embedded portable apps
- Lens shading correction
- Flicker (50/60 Hz) auto detection
- De-noise level auto adjust
- Supports image sizes: VGA, CIF, and any size scaling down from CIF to 40×30
- VarioPixel method for sub-sampling
- Automatic image control functions including: automatic exposure control (AEC), automatic gain control (AGC), automatic white balance(AWB), automatic band filter (ABF), and automatic black-level calibration (ABLC)
- ISP includes noise reduction and defect correction
- Supports LED and flash strobe mode
- Supports scaling
- Output support for Raw RGB, RGB (GRB 4:2:2, RGB565/555/444), YUV (4:2:2) and YCbCr (4:2:2) formats
- Image quality controls including color saturation, hue, gamma, sharpness (edge enhancement), and anti-blooming
- Saturation level auto adjust (UV adjust)
- Edge enhancement level auto adjust